1. Chawla Publications Pvt. Ltd., Chandigarh is the provider of the service made accessible through a Website ("the Service") available on the URL http://www.lawfinderlive.com("Publisher").
2. Access and use of the Website shall constitute an acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions (the "End User Licence Agreement").
3. The Publisher reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions including the license fee, at any time without notice. Such modifications shall become effective forthwith on the issue of either specifically to the subscriber or generally a notice to that effect by the Publishers on the website.
4. Payment of the full licence fee shall entitle the party subscribing to the Service (the "Licensee") to a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence (the "Licence") to use the materials and information database available (the "Database"). The licence fee paid is non-refundable. All taxes, fees and duties existing and/or subsequently imposed are to be borne by the Licensee.
5. License fee paid by the Licencee shall be for the fixed term/ plan and any modification in the subscription charges shall be applicable on the commencement of next renewed plan term. However, the introduction of any additional feature/ database by third party content provider through the Publishers will be made available to the existing subscriber only after making up the deficit payment.
6. The Service may only be accessed and used by the Licensee and by persons permitted to do so by the Licensee in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the "Authorised Users").
6. The Licence is for the limited purposes of (a) carrying out academic or educational research or study; (b) providing academic or educational instructions to students; or (c) carrying out legal research and study in connection with a lawful profession or vocation only.
7. The Authorized Users shall not (and not permit any third party to) (a) use the Service for for commercial exploitation. (b) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sub-license, or create derivative works from the Website or its contents. (c) use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the Site architecture,or extract information about usage or users. (d) use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the contents of the Website. (e) alter, add, amend, copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of the Web Site,except to the extent permitted by these Terms and Conditions. (f) combine the whole or any part of the Database with any other software, data or material. (g) remove, obliterate, conceal or obscure any copyright notice or other proprietary notices contained in the Database or use the Database in any way that infringes the copyrights or other proprietary interests in the same.
8. Authorized Users may use data cached in their local disk drive solely in support of its use of the Service.
9. The storage of the extracts in any other retrieval system or transmission in any form by any means is prohibited.
10. The Publisher may, in their sole discretion, and without notice, in the following cases cancel the Licence: (a) violation of the terms of the Licence, or (b) any misuse or overuse of the Database by the Licensee, his/its employees, partners, associates, servants and agents. On termination of the Licence, no part of the License fee would be refundable, and the Licensee shall immediately cease to have any rights or licence in respect of the Database or any part of it.
11. The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Database is to be used only as a reference aid and is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional judgment by the Authorised User(s). The Licensee further agrees that it shall not base any commercial decisions on the contents of the database without independent verification of the same.
12. The Publisher or its their agents shall not be liable in any manner for any mistake or omission in the Database or for any action taken or omitted to be taken or advice rendered or accepted on the basis of the Database or for any consequential loss or inconvenience arising therefrom.
13. Neither the Publisher nor its agents shall be liable for failure to perform its/their obligations if the failures result from an act of God, an act of Government, other authorities or statutory undertakings, fire, explosion, accident, power failure, equipment or systems failure, industrial dispute or anything beyond the Publisher’s control.
14. The Publishers makes reasonable effort to ensure that the information provided on the Web Site is accurate but does not guarantee or warrants its accuracy, adequacy, correctness, validity, completeness or suitability for any purpose. The Publisher shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue, data or goodwill howsoever arising suffered by the Licensee arising under or in connection with these terms or conditions (including without limitation in respect of the Licensee’s use or misuse of, or inability to use the Database or any part of it) or for any wasted management time, costs or expenses arising from such damage or loss.
15. The Licensee shall fully indemnify and hold the Publisher and its affiliates harmless for all costs, damages, losses and expenses (including all reasonably incurred legal expenses) whether arising in contract, tort, under statute (including in each case negligence) or otherwise incurred by the Publisher and its affiliates which arise in connection with any misuse or overuse by the Licensee, any Authorised User or any other third party of the Database or any part of the database, or otherwise in connection with any breach by the Licensee of these terms and conditions.
16. The Publisher shall not be liable or responsible, whether under law or equity, for any delays,defaults or interruptions in providing the Service.
17. This Licence is not a sale of the original or of any copy of the contents of the Database and nothing in the Licence is to be construed as granting or otherwise transferring to the Licensee any copyrights or ownership interest whatsoever in the Database.
18. The Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Publisher has the sole and exclusive rights to grant this Licence, and that the copyright in the Database vests solely in the Publisher, and the Publisher retains title to and ownership of the original and all copies of its journals /periodicals / books, regardless of the form or media in or on which the original or other copies may exist. The Publisher also holds ownership and copyright in the software used to run the Service.
19. Except as may be expressly permitted under these terms and conditions, the Licensee shall not assign, transfer, charge, sub-license, delegate, sell or dispose of in whole or in part the Licence and the rights and obligations of the Licensee thereunder on a temporary or permanent basis without the prior written consent of the Publisher, or otherwise do anything which goes beyond the scope of the rights granted to the Licensee under these terms and conditions.
20. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
21. This End User Agreement and its Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian law.
22. If any provision of End User Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
23. All disputes relating to this End User Agreement and its Terms and Conditions or claims arising therefrom will be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of courts/forums/tribunals at Chandigarh, India only.
24. Any forbearance or delay by the Publisher in enforcing any provisions of these terms and conditions or any of its rights under them shall not be construed as a waiver of such provisions or its rights thereafter to enforce the same.
Chawla Publications (P) Ltd.
Regd. Office SCO 4-5, Sector 17-B